Your Lawyer Will Give Strategies to Reduce Conflict
Your family lawyer will provide you with advice on keeping the conflict to a minimum in a dispute.
A Family Attorney Will Provide Solutions to Keeping Conflicts From Escalating
To prevent disagreements from growing out of control, your family lawyer will advise you to:
- Accept responsibility and let the spouse know you’d like to repair the situation.
- Listen to what your spouse is saying and repeat it in your own phrasing to let him or her know you understand.
- Respond positively before you respond and then after your respond. Let your spouse know you’re grateful for the assistance.
- Hedging can allow you to tell your spouse what is bothering you in a non-confrontational manner.
- Do the reverse of what your spouse is doing. Your family lawyer will suggest that if the spouse begins yelling or talking quickly, you should speak softly and in a slower cadence.
- Be apologetic by saying you are sorry.
- Compromising is the exchange of one concession for one provided by your spouse.
- Give different strategies to solve the issue.
- Put the problem aside and take time to cool down, consider solutions and discuss it again.
Contact an Experienced Family Lawyer
If you have questions about resolving conflicts, a family attorney can help. Call Donald Wall at 212.695.6008 to discuss your case today.